Earlier this month, my pals Rebecca, Emily and I took off to the Pacific Northwest to visit our friend Grace who moved to Seattle this past year. It was my first time being in the PNW, and after this visit I would certainly go back in a heart beat. I loved how Seattle is such a modern city, but there is so much nature and greenery throughout. Another thing I loved about Seattle is how inclusive and welcoming it is, which was especially evident during Pride Month.
Grace took us to some of her favorite spots in the city. Every meal we had was incredible and luckily we were able to work off all of the food we gorged on through many walks and hikes (we even managed to make it to a SoulCycle class Saturday morning). We also learned of the joy that are Lime Bikes.
In the five days we were there, we were able to accomplish equal amounts of exploring and relaxing. Here’s a little glimpse into our time in Seattle, and hopefully it will inspire you to book your next trip there!
Where we dined:
- Masonry Pizza
- Roxy’s Diner
- Fremont Brewery
- Elliots Oyster House
- Mamnoon – A. MUST. PLACE. TO. VISIT.
- Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream
What we did:
- Chihuly Museum
- Visiting the Space Needle (the Chihuly Museum is next door)
- Kayaking on Lake Union – this was especially cool, as there were sea planes taking off and landing super close to us
- Hiking at Discovery Park
- Pike Place Market
- Shopping at Pipe & Row
- A visit to the Fremont Troll
- The infamous Gum Wall
- A ride on the Ferris Wheel
- Kerry Park for amazing skyline views
Thank you Grace and Seattle for an incredible visit! If you’ve been to Seattle before, let me know what your favorite thing about the city is!
Leave a Reply