Last week while cleaning out my room, I discovered my old iPod. I truly don’t think I’ve been more excited to see an object in my entire life. I was so pumped to listen to artists and songs that I haven’t listened to in years. I spent a good few hours listening to some tunes and reminiscing to the memories that the music on this iPod has provided me. Here are some of the treasures I re-discovered.
- Paolo Nutini – How I haven’t listened to this amazing Scottish singer in the past few years is BEYOND me. I think I first came across his music in 2007, where he was a featured VH1 “You Oughta Know Artist”. I was really excited to learn he has a new album out called Caustic Love, and it’s just as beautiful as the music featured in his first album. Check out “Last Request,” “Candy,” “Loving You,” and “New Shoes.”
- Duffy – Another artist from across the pond, I was so excited to see some Duffy on my Top 25 playlist. You might remember Duffy’s hit “Mercy,” but her song “Warwick Avenue” will always have a soft spot for me.
- Fiest – This song & video is just so great. I remember getting ready for school in the morning watching music videos, and this was always one of my favorite’s to watch (that sequined jumpsuit is fierce).
- Jason Reeves – The first time I listened to Jason Reeves was when I came across this song in someone’s MySpace profile. Jason’s music caters to pretty much every occasion. Listen to “Someone Somewhere,” “Save My Heart,” “You in a Song,” and “Photographs and Memories“.
- Jason Mraz‘s entire “We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.” album
I could say that this album was the soundtrack to my life in high school. I can still hear my friends and I blasting “Make It Mine” in the car, listening to “Details in the Fabric” whenever I felt sad, and performing “Live High” at a concert. This song, “A Beautiful Mess,” gets me EVERY time.
I think the real reason I was so excited to find this iPod was not just to physically have it, but to experience some memories I had forgotten about again. This is why I love music so much. Listening to these songs now, I can remember how I felt or what I was going through many years ago. No matter how long ago you may have a heard a song, it will still make you feeling a certain way or make you remember something you have forgotten. I would love to hear what songs or artists have a special meaning to you, comment below. ❤