I hope everyone had a great Halloween (one of my favorite days of the entire year)! Since Halloween has ended, it’s been a hot debate on social media if it’s now officially the holiday season – what do you think?
While we debate about that… I recently did an Instagram survey where I asked readers what they’d like to see more of on the blog. The most frequent responses I received were fun, free Philadelphia events, where to dine and drink. So with that being said, here are some things to check out in the Philly area!
Philadelphia‘s largest Christmas attraction is coming back! The Christmas Village in Philadelphia presented by Bank of America will again transform LOVE Park (15th and JFK Boulevard) into a traditional, open-air German Christmas Market. After a brief break in 2017, Christmas Village in Philadelphia will spread some early holiday cheer on November 17 and 18, 2018 with the return of Preview Weekend. The market will then open again daily from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. On top of the return of Preview Weekend, other surprises include:
- Christmas Village in Philadelphia will return to the newly renovated LOVE Park with additional decorations, upgraded layout and more event space to shop and stroll.
- Enjoy exclusive Wine Tasting Events in partnership with Chaddsford Winery or take part in one of our new Beer Tastings with Brewery Techne.
- With the addition of beer to the market, look for the debut of a new outdoor beer garden and seating area called The Alm.
- Come celebrate with the first-ever Mascot Weekend on December 1 and 2, 2018 when their very own mascot Phil the reindeer will invite his friends from “Mascots for a cure” to fight childhood cancer.
- Crowds’ favorite vendors such as Käthe Wohlfahrt and the Baked Cheese House (Raclette) are excited to come back while new vendors e.g. Mike’s Hot Honey, Lovepop and Momo’s Tree House will enrich the market for the first time.
Sometimes you just need to get out of the city. So when you’re ready for a weekend away, head to Landsale to Boardroom Spirits. Founded on European distilling traditions coupled with American ingenuity and innovation, they precision-craft their spirits using real ingredients and cutting-edge distilling technology. Their brandy, vodka, gin, liqueur and rum are all gluten-free. They’re also featuring Foodie Fridays, where a rotating schedule of food trucks stop by every Friday 5-9 PM. There’s plenty of parking and are also easily accessible by Regional Rail. Definitely a spot to check out!
I also want to shout out some accounts which have shown Positive Publicity some love on Instagram recently. Also, huge thanks to John from The Flat Circle Blog for featuring Positive Publicity! ❤
View this post on Instagram
That old-world charm… . @TravelandLeisure just named Philadelphia as one of the 'Most European Cities' in the United States, citing the British, French, Italian, and German elements that make up the city's history, architecture, and culture. . #discoverPHL photo by @camille_mola