Thanks to Kira Kolosova for her guest post on the blog today, all about hair care!
Everything you should know about using hair oils for your hair
Hey guys! Today we’re chatting about using oils for our hair. We all want to look good, because looking our best means feeling our best. From adding color to our hair, to using curling tongs and straighteners to style our hair, there are so many ways we create our own personal style. But these treatments can cause damage to our hair without us even meaning to! I’m sharing some tips and tricks using oils like coconut oil for hair care, plus you can read here to find out more oil benefits too!
Do you need to prepare oils before using them?
You might be wondering how easy it is to use oils like tea tree oil or coconut oil for hair care. Using oils to care for your hair is not a new concept, and many can be used as they are. However, I do have a couple of top tips to make sure you’re using these oils safely:
- To use coconut oil for hair care it needs to be melted first. This is simple to do:
- Place the coconut oil into a small bowl, inside a larger bowl of boiling water. Ensure it’s not floating, and the water isn’t high enough to go over the side into your oil.
- Allow it to sit until the coconut oil is melted.
- To use tea tree oil for hair care, it will need to be used with a carrier oil such as jojoba or almond oil.
What are the top uses for oils like coconut oil for hair care?
Oils such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and others are so versatile. I could spend all day telling you the benefits and uses of these oils, but instead I’ll share a few top ways you can use oils to care for you precious locks.
- Coconut oil can be used for a variety of hair types but is particularly effective for those of you who has dry or damaged hair.
- Wash your hair and use coconut oil to condition it by massaging it into your hair and scalp. Wrap a towel around your hair and leave it in for thirty minutes before using shampoo to wash the oil out.
- Use coconut oil to treat dandruff and by leaving the oil on your hair and scalp overnight.
- Rub coconut oil into the ends of your hair as a natural, easy to use detangle.
Argan oil is full of fabulous hair health benefits thanks to antioxidants and vitamin E. It is the perfect oil if you have frizzy or brittle hair. Rubbing a little into the palms of your hands and using this on the ends of your hair is great way to anti-frizz dry or damp hair. It can also be used every day as it is a less greasy oil than other options.
- Tea tree oil is another of my favorites. It is so versatile and as long as you remember to add it to a carrier oil is can be used for a number of different hair care uses.
- Massaging a tea tree oil and carrier oil mix into your scalp is a great way to unclog your pores and this can promote hair growth (after all, who doesn’t want their hair to grow quicker?)
- Tea tree oil is another great oil to treat dandruff. Add it to your normal shampoo and away you go!
I really hope this gives you all the top tips and information you need to use oils like coconut oil for hair care and keep your hair in the best condition!