It feels strange creating and working on content right now. But it’s all I want to consume (and put my energy into) right now. Thus today’s blog post. I’ve compiled a selection of Philly shops, creators, and more to hopefully entertain you while we’re living like Elsa in our kingdoms of isolation.
I’m not sure if anyone still uses Pinterest, but I ABSOLUTELY still do. Now more than ever, I find it to be one of the most helpful online platforms for creativity. Filled with recipes, home decor ideas, crafts – it’s the premium outlet for all things being entertained indoors.
The Philadelphia CVB created a “Philadelphia From Home” Spotify playlist, which is a curation of artists from the Philadelphia region and some “Philadelphia essentials” songs. Blast this as you’re cleaning out your closet or organizing your pantry.
If you have a shopping itch, here are some Philly shops who could use some extra love right now:
- Ritual Shoppe, which is offering free shipping on all domestic orders
- M Concept, who, for a limited time in the online store, get 50% more on gift certificates to redeem in may (in person or online). Gift certificate sales are aiding them to financially support their makers, vendors and college student team members during these mandated periods of store closure.
- The Geisha House is offering 15% off all new customers
- Toile Atelier created discounted Self Care Packages
Get your culture fix:
- At 2 PM on weekdays, tune into Philly Zoo at 2
- Follow museums like the Philadelphia Museum of Art and The Barnes Foundation as they continue to share pieces from their collections on their social
- Play interactive games on The Franklin Institute’s website here
Currently reading online:
- How the F*** Do You Work From Home? via Man Repeller
- Quarantine has never killed theater, and it’s not about to from Broad Street Review
- been there, done that by Alex Swanson
- HOW WE’RE DEALING WITH LIFE RIGHT NOW by Alex and Mike
- Listening to the PhillyWho Podcast
Follow these Philly-workout accounts for free workout live streams:
I also wanted to take a moment to congratulate my friend Marco Cammarota and the Artist Relief Tree team, who, have raised over $215,000 to support artists affected financially by COVID-19. Some good news we could all use.
If I’ve missed anything that should be included, please let me know. What are you doing during this time? Let me know.
Stay safe ‘n healthy friends! We’re in this together. <3