While searching through my old blog drafts – hoping there would be something there that would spark inspiration – I found this. Originally titled “soooo what I’ve been doing…” this post was something I started last May, and seemingly didn’t have the energy to complete. But now that the initial dust has settled, I decided I wanted to finish it. Reliving this post and going through photos from a year ago felt weird and unsettling. Some of these projects have been completed, some I’m no longer interested in, and others I’ve continued doing. Things have come, and things have gone. Man Repeller was still a thing (see their six quarantine trends post here for a giggle). This post still serves the original purpose I set out for it to have: 1.) to pass the time 2.) be a digital diary of this moment in time.
- Tarot readings for friends – A lovely combination of social interaction and tarot practice.
- Zoom workouts
- Embroidery – My mom surprised me with an embroidery kit of succulents and cacti. The needle pricks were worth it!
- Crosswords – I’ve subscribed to the New York Times and the crossword, and work on them with my friend Kerry. What a rush!
- Movies – My boyfriend is quite the cinephile, and he introduced me to many films. Some of them include: Force Majeure, The Lighthouse, Let the Right One In, Hereditary, Blue Ruin, Crystal Fairy & The Magical Cactus . I’d also be remiss to not acknowledge our watching of The Wire. His fifth (maybe sixth?) time watching all the way through, and my first.
- Cooking meals – Am I the new barefoot contessa? The answer is no, I am absolutely not (no one can compare to queen Ina). BUT my cooking skills have drastically improved. Can’t wait to make you a dish.
- Learning about the Tudors – As in King Henry the 8th. I’m reading The Creation of Anne Boleyn by Susan Bordo, while also watching the somewhat historically accurate The Tudors, where the incomparable Natalie Dormer plays Anne Boleyn. Let’s just say that she was done sooo dirtyyyyy.
- Blog logo! – I’m working with a Philly-based graphic designer – the extremely talented Caitlyn – on a new blog logo! The first draft is completed, and I can’t wait to share the final result.
- Walking – My favorite form of moving the body. The Vitamin D dose doesn’t hurt either.
- Book club – I’ve never been in a book club before, so this is a new venture for me! We’ve just finished American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins, which I would absolutely recommend.
- Podcasts – My Favorite Murder, Everything Iconic with Danny Pellegrino, Watch What Crappens, Two Judgey Girls are just some that keep the day moving along.
- Lebano’s – I’ve been researching a restaurant which has a storied past in Philadelphia. I’ve been talking to family and the community who grew up in West Philadelphia in the 60s-70s. Excited to share this one.
- Pinterest – My go to for inspiration and new ideas.
Leave a Reply