Posts are already live.
I’ve been writing as long as I can remember. From sappy love songs to my first grade crush, to the melancholy poetry of my first heartbreak in sixth grade, pen, paper and I have always meshed. My blog Positive Publicity has existed for seven years now, and I’m taking things to new heights.
I had originally intended for these writings to live on Patreon, but honestly I wasn’t vibing with it. I support several creators and writers here on Substack (as well as on Patreon) and have found this platform to be much more enjoyable. I will be transitioning the posts from Patreon to here so they can still be accessed. 🙂
Hence this newsletter, hereby dubbed as Why Don’t You Cry About It? The word “emotional” has become synonymous with being dramatic, difficult and despondent (the tripled Ds). I want to reclaim how we’ve come to view that word. What’s so shameful or wrong with sharing the deepest parts of ourselves?
Here’s some things you can expect in this space:
- Personal (and I mean personal essays). I encourage honest, vulnerable conversations surrounding mental health, self-love, and sharing whatever lurks in the crevices of my mind. If you’d like a taste of my writings, I invite you to check out my Musings section of my blog.
- Exposing My Diary is back baby. I’ll be sharing more of my diary entries from yesteryear.
- Videos? Podcast? Who knows! The possibilities are endless.
If you’re curious, here’s why I am launching this space:
- Community, community, community. My goal is to foster an inclusive, engaged, and invested collaborative community.
- Basically, I’m working on establishing myself as a writer, content creator, and all around ~professional~. Securing the bag doesn’t hurt either.
If you’ve enjoyed reading my writings before, we’re taking it to a new level. I’m excited to have you along for the ride. If there’s anything you’d like to see more you, just let a gal know.
So what are you waiting for? Dive on in. ❤