Hello! Before you scroll, this blog has been nominated for a Metro Philly “Best of Philly” award. If you enjoy Positive Publicity, I hope that you’ll vote! <3
- It’s officially official – Philly will be a host city for the 2026 World Cup. I am truly so happy for the Philly soccer fans, I will undoubtedly become a bandwagon soccer fan in the event I’m still in Philly four years from now. God help this city if Italy plays here. Forza Azzurri!
- If you find yourself in the city this weekend, Philly Mag has a comprehensive round-up of all things to do this weekend.
- In completely non-Philly related news, I really love Cat Cohen’s newsletter.
Ah, Sips. With its reputation of being a hub for finance bros in salmon colored shorts, you either love it or you hate it. As a now 30-year-old, I’ve chosen to embrace it by going to more under-the-radar-spots.
The Kimmel’s Balcony Bar has some of the best views of the city, and a spacious indoors when it’s too hot outside, so no wonder it’s a Sips hot spot. It really is the perfect place to be, plus it’s the Kimmel Center and offers Garces food. So my tip to you is – get there early. I’m fairly certain they were are capacity at 5:00PM.
Now, if you want a place where you can relax and not be fighting to get to the bar, head to Patchwork at The Hyatt. It goes without saying that hotel bars are elite, and Patchwork is a little hidden gem. My friend and I caught up over 2 glasses of wine and three hearty apps for $25 each. Not too shabby.
The country’s largest largest and longest-running horticultural event has struck gold again with their “In Full Bloom” show this year. It was held once again at FDR Park, and personally I like having it there better than at the Convention Center. It ends on Sunday, and I really recommend going! Take your parents, significant other, friends. Walk around with a cocktail in hand and admire all of the stunning floral artwork and designs.
Mind, Body, Soul and Shopping Event
- Where: Autograph Brasserie, 503 W. Lancaster Ave., Wayne
- When: Wednesday, July 20, 2022, from 7-9 PM
With over 30 vendors in attendance, attendees can enjoy mini-spa treatments and health and wellness products, meet local book authors and find your perfect summer read, and shop for the latest fashions, beautiful jewelry, and accessories as well as great gifts and must-have items for your home. Receive free giveaways and sample products. Tickets are $20 and include a glass of wine as well as a ticket for entering to win one of 32 amazing raffle prizes. Tickets are limited and can be purchased here.