Well guys, the city is currently HIGH off of the little fact that Eagles going to the SUPER BOWL! It’s certainly an exciting time to be a Philadelphian and I want to spread some Philly love today. I’ve been scoping out some of the best this city has to offer and this post is jammed packed, so get sat down and dive on in. This definitely one of those posts where there is so much I want to say, so stick with me!
- REC Philly – I have to start off with one of the coolest Philly-based things I’ve ever checked out. REC Philly recently invited me to visit their space and learn more about what they do. So what is REC Philly, exactly? It’s an amazing space for anyone to be creative – musicians, writers, artists, photographers, etc. Their Freethinkers membership program ($34 a month) allows you access to their facilities and equipment – recording studio, photography studio and more – to create. Check out some of the photos from their space below from my visit or take a tour of their spaces here. It’s pretty awesome to see such a thriving artistic community here in Philly.
- And We Evolve – I had a great opportunity to do some fun modeling with And We Evolve, a Philadelphia-based clothing company which sells seasonal and curated high-end vintage apparel. Owners Alisha and Liz collect and re-sell some fabulous items of clothing and give them a brand new life. The shoot was styled by the ever-fabulous Susan Padron, and you can check out some of the shots below or here. It was so much fun; who doesn’t love to get all dressed up?
- The Love. – There’s a lot to love (sorry, I had to) about Stephen Starr’s newest Philly restaurant. Located in Rittenhouse, The Love. is very cozy and intimate, but of course on the pricey side, as you might expect. So it’s perfect place to celebrate a special occasion! I ordered the poke to start and the acorn squash pomodoro for dinner (pictured in all of its cheesy goodness below).
- Seed Phytonutrients – I am loving this Doylestown based beauty brand, which is officially launching in April 2018. They’re all about sustainability, being organic and supporting local farmers. I tested out some of their products, and I highly recommend their Lightweight Facial Lotion (perfect for the winter) and Lightweight Hair Conditioner.
- Sofar Sounds Philly – By far, this was one of the coolest Philly experiences I’ve had of recent. Sofar Sounds began in London as a way to see musicians in an intimate setting, and it has since spread around the world. Here’s how it works – you can apply to attend a Sofar Show, and if you’re selected, you’ll be notified of a secret location where the gig will take place. You don’t know what artists will be playing, which adds to the mystery even more. My amazing friend Jess invited me (thank you Jess!) to attend a show with her, and we were treated to the sounds of Caleb Hawley, Mychelle and Covey in an amazing gallery. I can’t recommend checking this out enough.
And finally, I want to give a shout out to Philadelphia realtor Nicole Carter for featuring Positive Publicity on her blog recently!
I’m still planning on creating an updated Philadelphia brunch guide, so stay tuned for that. Other than that, that’s all from me today folks. Hopefully next time we chat will be during a Super Bowl parade 😉 Sending you all some love from the City of Brotherly love ❤