PHEW – June was a busy month. Busy, but good, and I’m excited to see what July has in store. How has your summer been treating you so far?
Before we dive in, let’s do a quick catch up…
- If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll check out my write-up of Her Place Supper Club. It was such a unique experience, and I encourage you to try it while it’s still around for the summer.
- My five minutes of fame occurred on the most recent episode of Real Housewives of New York. This past November a friend and I were having lunch at Bar Bombón, and as fate would have it, Sonja Morgan and Eboni K. Williams, were filming a scene right in Rittenhouse. Now, how can we talk Bravo into a Real Housewives of Philly franchise…
- If you haven’t already, be sure to my weekly newsletter, Why Don’t You Cry About It? You’ll find your dose of pop culture, with recaps of reality shows, music, social media commentary and more here.
- You can also subscribe to Positive Publicity for all things Philly (head to the home page on the right hand side to do so).
- And if you’re in need of some other Philly Finds, you can find them all here.
Philly celebrated the opening of new apartment building the Broadridge, located on 13th and Fairmount. The party was held on their massive roof deck, which features a pool, fire pits, and plenty of outdoor space.
Despite having lived just a few blocks away from 1125Raw for two years, I had never visited its chic and sophisticated Gayborhood location. Little did I know that is a courtyard nestled inside, which is an ideal summer dining oasis. It has most definitely been added to my “must return to” restaurant list.
It had been about a decade since I last had the pleasure of yelling that word at the Union stadium. But I returned a few weeks ago for their home opener game, and it was incredibly fun. Your “Philly Finds” tip would be is if you’re going to a game, give yourself plenty of time to get their, as traffic will be crazy. I highly recommend making it to at least one Union game this summer; see their full season schedule here.
White Dog Cafe Locations to Host Pup Ice Cream Events to Benefit Alpha Bravo Canine
Artist Jay McClellan partners With White Dog Cafe to bring his dog-friendly ice cream cart to White Dog Cafe Haverford, Wayne, and Glen Mills.
The all-natural ingredient flavors, peanut butter bacon, and pumpkin with treats were developed by Sesler and were taste-tested and given a paw up by pups at a local rescue!
The ice cream cart will be at the:
- White Dog Wayne Wednesday, July 14
- White Dog Haverford Wednesday, July 21
- White Dog Glen Mills Wednesday, August 4 from 5:30 – 7:00 PM as well as on August 16, for the annual Dining Out for the Dogs Event.
The ice cream cart and ice cream are a benefit preview for the upcoming August 16 Fourth Annual Dining Out for the Dogs which benefits Alpha Bravo Canine, a local organization that provides service dogs to the former military with PTSD, free of charge. Over the past three years, the Dining Out for the Dogs events have raised nearly $100,000 to offset the cost of training a puppy. At the event there will be puppy-kissing booths at each location where guests can donate to cuddle and kiss one of the Alpha Bravo Canine puppies! Guests can also donate $25 and book a VIP (very important puppy) table at White Dog Cafe Haverford where they are guaranteed outdoor seating for the event with their pup (based on availability).
The menu includes:
- Coney Island Dog made with Green Meadow farm beef, Pa noble cheddar cheese, pickled red onions.
- Southwestern Dog that includes Guacamole, chipotle aioli, cotija cheese, crispy tortillas, the White Dog with white truffle aioli, shellbark hollow goat cheese, mushroom relish.
- Backyard Dog with ketchup, mustard and BBQ potato chip crumble.
Talk soon! <3