CCD Restaurant Week returns this fall – September 10 to September 23, 2023
For all of my Philadelphia foodies, mark your calendars and ready your taste buds – Center City District Restaurant Week is back this fall from Sunday, September 10 to Saturday, September 23.
One of the best things about Restaurant Week is that it gives you the opportunity to consider dining at restaurants you haven’t been to before. For me, I always look at Restaurant Week this way, and I feel more inclined to try out a new place.
I’ve had previous Restaurant Week meals at Morea, Barbuzzo, Dim Sum House and Barra Rosa (read my previous CCD Restaurant Week experience here). And if you’ll allow me, I’d love to share some recommendations:
- If you haven’t eaten at Melograno yet, you MUST. Hands down one of the best Italian spots in the city.
- Seafood Unlimited is such an inconspicuous place, but WOW is their food good. I’ve never had a bad meal there.
- I recently went to the newly-opened Darling Jack’s Tavern, and really enjoyed my meal there.
A bit of history for ya, that I didn’t know about myself. CCD Restaurant Week started in September 2003 with just 43 participating restaurants. This year? Over 90 restaurants are participating in the fall.
Restaurant Week offers specially crafted three-course prix-fixe dinner menus, starting at $45 per person. And for the first time, a premium option of $60 will be available at select locations, for an elevated dining experience. Some locations will also offer takeout.
They are also rolling out an addition to the lineup: two-course lunch menus at select spots, priced at $20. You can also elevate your experience with curated cocktails designed to complement each Restaurant Week menu, with brands like Knob Creek 7 Year Rye Whiskey and Haku Vodka from Beam Suntory..
To make your reservations and explore the complete list of participating restaurants, head on over to ccdrestaurantweek.com.
Some more fun things:
- If you’re wondering about parking, Restaurant Week has you covered with discounted rates of $9 or less at various participating garages.
- Foodies have the opportunity to relish their fav dishes from homes, as they replicate recipes provided by Philly chefs. Check out the downloadable digital cookbook which will continue to feature contributions until September.
- Enter for a chance to win dinner once a month for a year!
CCD celebrates the chefs, essential front and back of house workers, restaurateurs, and the entire community that has contributed to making Philadelphia a gastronomic hub. They created a 20-week profile series titled “Twenty Weeks, Twenty Stories” which offers a glimpse into the lives of these chefs.
See you for Restaurant Week!